Welcome to Waymaker! This agreement (“Agreement”) describes your rights and responsibilities related to your use of Waymaker’s website, mobile apps, and services as a registered Waymaker User, and what you can expect from us. Waymaker is a platform in which those in need can connect with those who are able to meet that need. We hope that people everywhere will use Waymaker to create a helping culture within their neighbourhoods around the world.
This is an Agreement between you and Waymaker, a company incorporated in Malaysia ("Waymaker"). References to "Waymaker", "we", "our", or "us" are to Waymaker and references to "you", "your" or "yourself" are to the Users (as defined below) with whom Waymaker enters into this Agreement. If you are accepting this Agreement on behalf of your employer or another entity, you represent and warrant that (a) you have full legal authority to bind your employer or the applicable entity to this Agreement; (b) you have read and understood the contents of this Agreement; and (c) you agree, on behalf of your employer or the entity you represent, to this Agreement. If you do not have the legal authority to bind your employer or the applicable entity to this Agreement, you must not on behalf of your employer or the applicable entity sign up for an Account (as defined below), use any Account (as defined below), use the Platform (as defined below) or otherwise communicate any acceptance of this Agreement to Waymaker. By signing up for an Account (as defined below), by using an Account (as defined below), by using the Platform (as defined below) or otherwise by communicating your acceptance of this Agreement to Waymaker, you agree that you have read, understood and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and all other documents herein referred to.
1. DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
1. Definitions. In this Agreement, unless the context otherwise requires:
"Account" means an account registered with us enabling you to use the Platform.
"Content" means any images, photographs, designs, graphics, logos, marks, audio files, video, software, technology, communications, text, links, artwork, animations, illustrations, data, material, information and other content.
"Identity Checks" means any checks done by us to verify the identity, qualification or skills of any User (including, but not limited to, verification of mobile phone number, references or integration with third party social media accounts).
"Platform" means collectively the Site and Services.
"Site" means the website located at https://www.waymaker.works and any of our associated websites, application programming interfaces (API) and applications.
"Close Request" means, with respect to a Needs Request, the completion of the request confirmed by the Requestor.
"Respond" means an offer made by a User in response to a Needs Request appearing in the Needsbox.
"Create Request" means post created by Users on the Platform requesting help (Needs Request) from other Users.
"Needsbox" means the newsfeed listing the applicable Needs Request appearing on the User’s Needsbox page.
"User Content" means Content uploaded, transmitted, posted or submitted to us through the Platform by a User.
"User" means any visitor or user of the Platform, and shall include you.
2. Interpretation. In this Agreement, unless the context otherwise requires:
headings, underlines and bold type are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement;
the singular includes the plural and the plural includes the singular;
other parts of speech and grammatical forms of a word or phrase defined in this Agreement have a corresponding meaning;
references to a document include all amendments or supplements to, or replacements or novations of that document;
references to a party to a document includes the successors and permitted assigns;
references to time is a reference to Malaysia time;
no provision of this Agreement shall be construed adversely to a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of this Agreement or that provision;
a reference to a clause, attachment, exhibit or schedule is a reference to a clause, attachment, exhibit or schedule to this Agreement, and a reference to this Agreement includes any attachment, exhibit and schedule;
a reference to any legislation includes all delegated legislation made under it and amendments, consolidations, replacements or re-enactments of any of them;
the terms "personal data" and "processing" (when used in relation to personal data) shall have the meanings given to them in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia;
the terms "related corporation" and "corporation" shall have the meanings given to them in the Companies Act 2016 of Malaysia;
the expression "including" or similar expression does not limit what else is included.
2. THE PLATFORM
1. Eligibility. We grant you the limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable licence to use the Platform, subject to you complying with all of the following conditions:
1. if you are an individual, you must be at least 18 years old;
2. if you are not an individual:
a. you must be validly existing under the laws of the jurisdiction of your incorporation or registration;
b. the individual using the Platform on your behalf must have full legal authority to bind you;
2. you must at all times comply with and satisfy all of our due diligence procedures and requirements (including, but not limited to, complying with our Identity Checks from time to time);
4. all such other terms and conditions (including, but not limited to, your representations and warranties) as are set out or incorporated herein and as we way from time to time amend and/or notify you of on the Platform.
2. Social Venue. The Platform is a social venue enabling connections to be made between Users for the publication of Needs Request and communication Needs. We are not responsible for the performance, communications, or any aspect of interaction between the Users and we make no representation or warranty as to the truth or accuracy of any aspect of any information provided by any User. We do not guarantee the fulfilment of any Needs Request and/or Responds and you agree to assume all risks of non-performance and non-payment. We do not have control over the quality, timing, legality, failure to provide, or any aspect whatsoever of the Needs Request, Responds and/or the Users (including, but not limited to, the ability of any User to create request, respond and/or meet the need).
3. Restriction of Features and Functionalities. Certain features and/or functionalities on the Platform may be restricted from time to time in our sole and absolute discretion.
4. Ancillary Items. In order to use the Platform, an Internet connection and certain equipment (such as a computer and smartphone) may be required. You are responsible at your own cost and expense for all connections and/or equipment required to use the Platform.
5. Support. If you require any assistance with the Platform, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We make no representation or warranty on the level of support we will provide to you.
1. Opening. In order to use certain features of the Platform, you must open an Account by providing us with your name, email address, mobile number, password and/or such other information and documents as we may from time to time require. We may in our sole discretion refuse to open an Account for you or limit the number of Accounts that you may hold.
2. Access. Your Account will be secured through the use of such login credentials and other forms of authentication as we may from time to time require. In connection with the security of your Account, we may from time to time prohibit access to your Account from or by any device which we in our sole discretion deem to be a risk to the security of your Account. You are solely responsible for the security of your Account login credentials and other forms of authentication and must keep all login credentials and other forms of authentication strictly secret and confidential. You are responsible for all activities that occurs in or through your Account, and you shall have no claim against us in connection with us acting in reliance of the instructions given or sent from your Account.
3. Suspension. We may at any time in our sole discretion suspend any Account for reasons such as (a) any breach or suspected breach of this Agreement; (b) your Account becoming subject to any investigation or court order; (c) any suspicious or illegal activity being detected on your Account; or (d) any other reason. If your Account is suspended, then for the duration of such suspension you may not be able to use the Platform. Any waiver or exception to the aforesaid shall be in our sole and absolute discretion on a case-by-case basis,
4. Closure. We may at any time in our sole discretion close any Account for reasons such as (a) any breach or suspected breach of this Agreement; (b) your Account becoming subject to any investigation or court order; (c) any suspicious or illegal activity being detected on your Account; or (d) any other reason. You may also submit a request for us to close your Account.
5. Identity Verification. We may from time to time conduct Identity Checks on our Users.
6. Limitations of Identity Checks. You agree that our Identity Checks may not be fully accurate as we are dependent on User-supplied information and/or information or verification services provided by third parties. We do not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of Identity Checks information or any information provided through the Platform.
4. NEEDS REQUEST
1. Use of the Platform. When you use the Platform to create a Request and/or Respond, you warrant and/or represent and/or undertake that:
1. any Content supplied must not be false, inaccurate or misleading or deceptive;
2. any Content supplied must not infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, confidentiality or privacy;
3. any Content posted on the Platform must not, in any way whatsoever, be potentially or actually harmful to us or any other person. Harm includes, but is not limited to, economic loss that will or may be suffered by us;
4. you are granting us the unrestricted, worldwide, royalty-free and irrevocable licence to use, reproduce, modify and adapt any content and information posted or communicated on or through the Platform for the purpose of publishing materials on the Platform and as otherwise may be required to provide the Platform, for the general promotion of the Platform, and as permitted by this Agreement.
2. Responding to a need. When meeting a need, you warrant and/or represent and/or undertake that:
1. you will do your best to meet the need of the Needs Requestor with due care and diligence in a timely and prudent manner;
2. you will only offer and provide help for which you have the necessary finances, skills and expertise, and you will meet the need safely and in accordance with all applicable laws;
3. Completion. With respect to a Needs Request:
1. you may inform us of the completion of the Needs Request through the Platform;
2. Request Completion shall be deemed achieved:
a. when Needs Requestor confirm completion of the Needs Request through the Platform.
4. Dispute with other Users. If you have any complaints or disputes with another User, such complaints or disputes must be taken up with that User directly.
5. Removal. Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary, we reserve the right at any time without notice to you and for whatsoever reason to remove any Content, Needs Request and/or Responds that you have submitted to the Platform or to cancel or suspend your Account, any Needs Request and/or Responds.
1. Termination by Us. We may in our absolute and sole discretion close your Account and terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason.
2. Termination by You. You may terminate this Agreement at any time by informing us of your intention to terminate this Agreement and requesting us to close your Account. Upon the closure of your Account, all Services and uncompleted needs requests associated with your Account shall be terminated immediately.
3. Survival. All parts of this Agreement which by their nature should survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect subsequent to and notwithstanding the expiration or termination of this Agreement.
6. REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, UNDERTAKINGS AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
1. Warranties and Undertakings. You represent, warrant and undertake to us as follows:
1. if you are an individual, you are 18 years of age or older and have full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform all your obligations hereunder;
2. if you are not an individual:
a. you must be validly existing under the laws of the jurisdiction of your incorporation or registration;
b. the individual using the Platform on your behalf must have full legal authority to bind you;
3. your entry into this Agreement have been duly and effectively authorized by all necessary actions on your part and this Agreement constitutes binding and enforceable obligations upon you;
4. the entry into and performance by you of your obligations hereunder do not and will not conflict with or result in a breach of any law, regulation, order, judgment or decree of any court, governmental authority or regulatory body applicable to you;
5. you will comply in all respects with all laws and regulations applicable to you in relation to your use of the Platform (including, but not limited creating a Needs Request and/or Responding to a Request) and the performance and receipt of the Help;
6. you will not knowingly infringe or violate any third party right, or breach any agreements or legal obligations that you may have toward any third party;
7. you will not submit or post any Content on the Platform which you know to be false, misleading, inaccurate, deceptive or fraudulent;
8. you will fulfil the commitments you make to other Users;
9. you will not use the Platform for any immoral or illegal purposes;
10. you will respect the privacy (including, but not limited to, the private, family and home life), property and data protection rights of Users;
11. you will not threaten, abuse, harass, defame, or engage in behaviour that is libellous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person's privacy;
12. you will not distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters, and will not run any mailing lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Platform;
13. you will not distribute software viruses, or anything else designed to interfere with (a) the proper functioning of any software, hardware, or equipment on or relating to the Platform; (b) the use of the Platform by any other User; or (c) measures put in place to prohibit or prevent you from accessing or using all or part of the Platform;
14. you will not bypass any measures that we have put in place to secure the Platform, take actions to gain unauthorized access to any system, data, passwords, or other Content, reverse engineer or take apart any aspect of the Platform to access any underlying information, or use any kind of software to crawl, spider or index any part of the Platform;
15. all Content as you may from time to time submit to us are true, accurate, authentic and not misleading in any manner;
16. your Account must only be used by yourself and you must not allow any other person to use your Account or to use the Platform through your Account;
17. you are fully responsible for all applicable tax with respect to your use of the Platform.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1. Our Intellectual Property. We shall retain all rights, title and interests in and to all of our intellectual property rights. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, no rights or obligations in respect of our intellectual property rights and our Content are granted to you or are to be implied from this Agreement.
2. Your User Content. We reserve the right at any time to reject or remove any User Content from the Platform. You will retain all rights, title and interests in and to your User Content, except that whenever you submit User Content to us (whether using the Platform or otherwise):
1. you are granting us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully paid-up, sub-licensable (without limit as to the number of tiers), transferable licence to use, display, exploit, change, edit, modify, create derivatives of and translate the User Content for any purpose;
2. you are representing and warranting to us that (a) you have all necessary rights, licences, consents and permissions to grant the rights and licences to us in the manner set forth in this Agreement; (b) your User Content does not and will not infringe upon the intellectual property rights, proprietary rights, privacy rights, confidentiality, moral rights, rights of publicity of any third party or otherwise violate the provisions of this Agreement or any applicable law; and (c) we will not need to obtain any rights, licences, consents or permissions from (or make any payments to) any third party for any use of your User Content or have any liability to any person or third party as a result of any use or exploitation of your User Content.
3. Removal of Content. We shall have the sole and absolute discretion to remove any Content, Need Requests and/or Responds (whether submitted by you or otherwise) from the Platform without notice to you.
4. Other Content. We grant to you a limited, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, revocable licence to access and use the User Content and our Content solely in connection with your use of the Platform in accordance with this Agreement. You undertake not to reproduce, redistribute, transmit, assign, sell, broadcast, rent, share, lend modify, adapt, edit, create derivative works out of, licence or otherwise transfer or use any User Content or our Content without our prior written consent. We shall be entitled to revoke this licence to access and use the User Content and our Content at any time.
5. No Infringement. You must not in connection with your use of the Services infringe upon any intellectual property rights of us or of any third party.
8. DATA PROTECTION
2. Disclosure to Us. Each time you disclose any personal data to us, you are representing and warranting to us that:
3. Other User's Personal Data. When you use the Platform, create a Request and/or Respond to the Request, you may receive information about other Users including their personal data. You acknowledge and agree that such information is provided purely for the purpose of fulfilling the needs for the applicable Needs Request and may not be used for other purposes (including, but not limited to, marketing) without separate verifiable consent from the User. You will maintain records of all such verifiable consent.
1. No Warranties. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable laws, the Platform, our Content, User Content and any other materials made available on the Platform are provided on an "as is", "where is" and "as available" basis without representations and warranties of any kind whatsoever. No opinion, advice or statement of us or of our affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, agents, members or visitors, whether made through the Platform, or on third party platforms or otherwise, shall create any representation or warranty. Your access or use of the Platform is entirely at your own risk and you shall have no recourse whatsoever to us. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable laws, we expressly disclaim any and all representations and warranties (whether express or implied) including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of security, merchantability, satisfactory quality, functionality, fitness for a particular purpose, availability, title, freedom from malicious code and non-infringement.
2. Disclaimer of Liabilities. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable laws, we expressly disclaim (and you expressly release us from) all liabilities for (a) the truth, accuracy, adequacy, completeness or reasonableness of any Content contained in or accessed through the Platform; (b) the Platform being interrupted or suffering from errors, loss, corruption, attack, virus, interference, hacking or other security intrusions; (c) your inability to open, use or view any Content; (d) the reliability, validity, accuracy or truthfulness of any Content; (e) any damages or losses relating to your use or attempted use of the Platform; (f) any act or omission of any User; (g) any act, omission, damages or loss suffered by you following a period of any unavailability of the Platform; (h) any act, omission, damages or loss arising from any instructions given from your Account which we have relied and/or acted upon; (i) damages or losses arising from your failure to fulfil any of your obligations hereunder; (j) loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of revenue, loss of time, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, and loss of or harm to data, whether direct or indirect, nor for any punitive, indirect, consequential or special losses, howsoever caused and whether foreseeable or not; (k) losses caused by or in connection with death or personal injury due to your negligence, fraud or wilful misconduct; (l) loss of data, information and records (howsoever caused) and computer malfunction; (m) loss arising from any cause whatsoever through no fault of us (including, but not limited to, any computer or system virus interference, sabotage or any other causes whatsoever which may interfere with your computer systems, and any loss of, destruction to or error in your data, information and records, howsoever caused); (n) damages or losses arising from the provision of any Needs Request which are prohibited by law (including but not limited to the carriage of dangerous or hazardous materials, radioactive materials, explosives, illegal narcotics, or any other items which are prohibited by law); and (o) any claims, demands or damages (whether actual, consequential or otherwise) of any kind or nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute you may have with one or more Users.
3. Not Employment Agency. We are not an employment agency and Users may only use the Platform through the Internet.
4. Not Employer. We are not responsible for any Employee Provident Fund (EPF) contributions, (SOCSO) work injury compensation or other employment-related payments or benefits of any User.
5. No Endorsement. Although the Platform may display or suggest certain Users, Needs Request & Responds and/or other aspects of the Platform from time to time or may indicate certain Users, Needs Request & Responds, Content and/or other aspects of the Platform with special characteristics (such as, being a verified User or having certain ratings), it is not an endorsement of such Users, Needs Request & Responds, Content and/or aspects of the Platform and you are solely responsible for conducting your own due diligence and other checks. If you proceed to enter into a legal contract with any Users, you are doing so at your own risk and you shall have no recourse to us.
6. No Involvement in Legal Disputes Between Users. The Needs Fulfilment is a separate exercise between Users. Notwithstanding that we may at our sole discretion facilitate discussions between Users, we take no responsibility and shall have no liability for any disputes or violations of agreements between any Users.
7. Limitations of Liability. Notwithstanding any provision of this Agreement, our maximum aggregate liability to you arising out of or in connection with this Agreement whenever made shall be limited to RM100.
8. Time Bar. To the extent permissible under applicable laws, any claim arising out of or relating to the Services or this Agreement must be commenced within one (1) year after the cause of action accrues, failing which such cause of action shall be permanently barred.
9. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify us, our related corporations, our (and our related corporations') officers, directors, employees, and agents (together, the "Indemnified Parties") against any and all claims, damages, losses, obligations, deficiencies, judgments, awards, demands, penalties, taxes, expenses, disbursements, costs, fines and other liabilities (including, but not limited to, any expenses of investigation and all legal fees and expenses on a solicitor and client basis in connection with any action, suit or proceeding) suffered or incurred by any of the Indemnified Parties arising out of or in connection with:
1. any misrepresentation or breach of any representation, warranty, undertaking or agreement made by you hereunder;
2. any infringement of any intellectual property rights as a result of any of your acts or omissions;
3. any other person's breach of any provision of this Agreement, where such person was able to use the Platform through your Account;
4. any breach of applicable data protection laws as a result of any of your acts or omissions.
10. Independent Limitations. Each qualification and limitation in this clause 10 shall be construed independently of the others and shall not be limited by any other qualification or limitation.
11. Survival. The provisions of this clause 10 shall survive and continue in full force and effect notwithstanding the termination or expiration of this Agreement.
10. CHANGES AND MODIFICATIONS
1. Changes to the Platform. You acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time modify or change any part of the Platform without any reference or notice to you.
2. Changes to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that we may from time to time change the terms of this Agreement by notification to you or by posting a revised version on the Platform. The revised version shall take effect from the published effective date and notification will be made to you through the Platform or via email. If you continue to use the Platform after the notice period, then you will be deemed to have consented to the amendments made in such revised version.
1. All notices and other communications given by us under this Agreement (including any changes to this Agreement) may be given by:
a. email, WhatsApp or SMS to your contact number as ordinarily known to us;
b. through the Platform; or
c. such other means as we deem necessary.
1. All notices and other communications given by you under this Agreement must be given to us either:
a. where permitted by the Platform, through the Platform;
b. by email to email@example.com, which shall be deemed received at the time it was sent unless you receive an automated response indicating that the recipient was unavailable or that the email was undelivered or undeliverable;
c. by national prepaid registered post to our registered office address, which shall be deemed received one (1) week following the day it was posted, together with a copy sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (which shall not constitute notice); or
d. by international prepaid registered post to our registered office address, which shall be deemed received one (1) month following the day it was posted, together with a copy sent by email to email@example.com (which shall not constitute notice).
2. Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for inadequate performance under this Agreement to the extent caused by any of the following:
1. a condition such as natural disaster, act of war or terrorism, riot, labour condition, governmental action, and disruption or disturbance of the Internet or energy sources that was beyond our reasonable control; or
2. any failure or unavailability of the Platform.
3. Third Party Sites. Links to other third party sites may be provided on the Platform. You acknowledge and agree that (a) such links do not constitute an endorsement; (b) we have no control over such websites or their Content; and (c) we shall have no liability arising out of or related to such websites or their Content.
4. Entire Agreement. This Agreement (together with all documents referenced herein) embodies all the terms and conditions agreed upon between you and us as to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes and cancels in all respects all previous agreements and undertakings (if any) between you and us with respect to the subject matter hereof, whether such be written or oral.
5. Relationship of Parties. Nothing herein this Agreement shall be construed as creating the relationship of employer and employee, principal and agent, partnership or joint venture or any other fiduciary relationship.
6. No Third Party Rights. Except for the Indemnified Parties, a person who is not a party to this Agreement shall have no right to enforce any provision of this Agreement.
7. Variation. Any variation to any provision of this Agreement must be in writing and executed by us.
8. Severability. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part in any jurisdiction, then this Agreement shall, as to such jurisdiction, continue to be valid as to its other provisions and the remainder of the affected provision, and the legality, validity and enforceability of such provision in any other jurisdiction shall not be affected.
9. No Waiver. No delay or failure by us to exercise or enforce any right, power or remedy under this Agreement shall constitute or operate as a waiver of that right, power or remedy or any other right, power or remedy under this Agreement or operate so as to prevent the subsequent exercise or enforcement of any such right, power or remedy. Any waiver by us must be expressly made in writing and signed by us to be effective.
10. Assignment. You may not assign or transfer any of your rights, interests, licences and/or obligation hereunder to anyone else. We may assign or transfer any of our rights, licences, interests and/or obligations at any time to anyone, including as part of a merger, acquisition or other corporate reorganization.
11. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Malaysia law.
"personal data" has a meaning given to it in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia.
"process" and "processed" has a meaning analogous to processing.
"processing" has the meaning given to it in the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia.
"We", "we", "our", "us", "Us" means Waymaker, a company incorporated in Malaysia, and its related corporations.
2. YOUR CONSENT
2.3 Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data, but this may affect our ability to provide you with the Platform Access. We will not be liable for any failure to provide any Platform access if such failure is due to your consent hereunder being withdrawn or your personal data being erased at your request.
3. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Data Collected. We may from time to time collect your personal data in order to provide you with the Platform access and also to improve your experience. Such personal data may include:
3.1.1 general identification and contact information (for example, name, address, email address, telephone number, age, date of birth, gender, marital status, occupation, username, password, etc);
3.1.2 information from cookies, pixel tags, web beacons or similar technologies;
3.1.3 images, photographs, closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage, voice recordings and electronic communications;
3.1.4 data about the pages you access, your Internet protocol address, your device unique identifier, your device type, your geo-location information, your mobile network information, referral URL, statistics on page views, other information automatically sent to us by your device or your service provider;
3.1.5 where necessary for our business purpose, sensitive personal data such as your health information, racial or ethnic origins, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or biometric data;
3.1.6 other information you may provide us with.
3.2 Collection Methods. Your personal data may be collected:
3.2.1 automatically (for example, when your device or service provider automatically sends us that data);
3.2.2 from you (for example, when you submit a web form to us, add or update your account information, participate in discussions, chats or dispute resolutions, or correspond with us);
3.2.3 from third parties (for example, from social media sites).
4. PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 Core Business Purpose. We may collect, use or process personal data for one or more of the following business purposes:
4.1.1 determine your geographic location, provide localized or targeted content, provide you with customized or personalized recommendations or content, determine your Internet service provider, respond to any inquiries, requests, queries or feedback; optimize our selection and recommendation algorithms and delivery;
4.1.2 communicate with you (such as by email, text messaging, online messaging, push notifications) to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests;
4.1.3 verify your identity; conduct due diligence checks;
4.1.4 prevent, detect and investigate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities; to detect, prevent and remediate any violations of our policies or terms and conditions;
4.1.5 address or investigate any complaints, claims or disputes;
4.1.6 handle requests for data access or correction;
4.1.7 analyze and understand our users; improve our services (including our user interface experiences); participate in industry exercises and studies;
4.1.8 coach employees and monitor for quality assurance;
4.1.9 enforce any obligations owed to us;
4.1.10 seek professional advice, such as legal advice;
4.1.13 prepare and maintain financial reporting, regulatory reporting, management reporting, risk management, audit and record keeping purposes;
4.1.14 enable any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of our rights, business or obligations to evaluate any proposed transaction; negotiate a business transaction, including (but not limited to) any financing, merger, acquisition or liquidation;
4.1.15 manage our infrastructure and business operations (including information technology infrastructure) and complying with internal policies and procedures;
4.1.16 conduct due diligence enquiries and comply with enforcement of tax, sanctions or prevention or detection of money laundering, terrorism financing or other unlawful activities;
4.1.17 comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules, directions, orders, instructions and requests from any authorities (whether local or foreign), including any regulatory, governmental, tax and law enforcement authorities or other authorities;
4.1.18 any other purpose specifically provided for in any particulate product or service offered by us or permitted or required by law or the relevant authorities.
4.2 Marketing Purpose. We may also collect, use or process your personal data to:
4.2.1 offer you our Services (such as special offers, promotions, contests or entitlements that may be of interest to you or for which you may be eligible), via various modes of communication such as email, short message service (SMS) and push notifications;
4.2.2 improve and personalize the Platform, content and advertisements.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or to participate in our advertisement personalization program, please let us know.
5. DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
5.2 We may transfer, store, process and/or deal with your personal data outside of Malaysia, in compliance with applicable data protection or privacy laws.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
6.1 Your personal data is retained for so long as the purpose for which it was collected remains and until it is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
7. ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE AND RESTRICTION
7.1 You may request access, receive, port, restrict processing, seek rectification or make corrections to, or request erasure of your personal data held by us, but we may charge a fee for processing such requests. All such requests will be processed in accordance with applicable law.
7.2 We will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to, making any changes to or erasing your personal data at your request.
7.3 There may be circumstances whereby we are unable to provide access, such as where the information contains legal privilege. If we determine that access should be restricted in any particular instance, we will explain why that determination was made.
7.4 If you believe that any personal data we have of you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please let us know. We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable time and, where necessary, promptly correct any personal data found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
8.1 We will take necessary steps to protect your personal data. However, no data transmission or storage of personal data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal data that you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
9. COOKIES AND RELATED TECHNOLOGIES
9.1 When you access or use our Services, we may store some data on your device using technologies such as a cookie or other local storage provided by your browser or application (collectively, the "Cookies"). Such data is stored on your device to enable us to (i) recognise, identify or authenticate you; (ii) provide advertising; (iii) provide our measurements and reporting; and (iv) fulfil the other purposes set out above.
9.2 You are free to decline or block our Cookies (insofar as your browser or application permits), but this may interfere with the provision of our Platform and you may not be able to use certain features or functions of our Platform. We will not be liable for any failure to our Platform if such failure is due to our Cookies being declined or blocked.
9.3 We may also use other technologies (such as a pixel tag or web beacon) for the purposes set out above.
10. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
10.1 We use third party services (such as Google Analytics, Google Trends and Google Tag Manager) provided by Google LLC ("Google") to help us improve our products. Accordingly, traffic and user behaviour data relating to our Services may be shared with Google. You can find out more about how Google collects and processes data here: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
11. EXTERNAL LINKS
11.1 Our website may contain links or redirects to sites operated by third parties. Such links or redirections are not an endorsement of these third party sites nor of the third parties operating them. These third party sites may also have different data protection practices. We have no control over and do not take responsibility for these third party sites.
Our purpose is to create a helping culture within neighbourhoods
Our mission is to be the platform where users with needs and users who can meet needs can connect directly.
We want all users to feel welcome, safe, and respected when using Waymaker. For that reason, we've developed a set of Behaviour and Conduct Guidelines describing what behaviors are – and are not – allowed on Waymaker.
We rely on you, the users who make up the Waymaker community, to report content that violates these Guidelines. Violating the Behaviour and Conduct Guidelines has consequences, which may include removal of content, suspension of posting privileges, or even a permanent ban from Waymaker. Because of the diversity of people in any neighbourhood, please keep in mind that while something may be disagreeable to you, it may not violate our Behaviour and Conduct Guidelines.
1. Be helpful, not hurtful:
The heart and soul of Waymaker are the helpful conversations that happen between neighbours. When conversations turn disagreeable, everyone on Waymaker suffers. Our Behaviour and Conduct Guidelines prohibit posts and replies that discriminate against, attack, insult, shame, bully, or belittle others.
2. Don’t use Waymaker as a soapbox:
Waymaker is a communication platform that allows those who have needs to connect with those who can meet the need. However, favourite causes that are pushed too hard, political campaigning, and personal views on controversial issues will inevitably rub one’s neighbors the wrong way.
3. Use your true identity:
Waymaker is a community platform for you and the people who live in your local community. To that end, using your true identity and honestly representing yourself are key parts of being a Waymaker user. Please use your real name, real location and your real photo.
4. Keep it clean and legal:
Keep all content and activity family-friendly and legal. Things to avoid include violations of privacy, threats to the safety of others, profanity, fraud, spam etc.